Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Key Cards have no point in life

Hey Ya'll! So today, the head of the middle school and the head of the high school announced that "for our safety" (we all know they're paranoid) that we were going to start having to have key cards to enter through ANY DOOR ON CAMPUS!!! Well, gee thanks heads of school for making our lives so much more annoying. So you might be like the majority of the grade and think, "Well keycards are cool, it makes me feel like I have power" Well, would you like to have to wear a lanyard around your neck, 24/7, while it gets stuck in your clothing and hair? I wouldn't but I obviously don't have a say in this argument. I wear my necklace everyday, but I have it underneath my shirt so it isn't swinging around and in my face all day long. AND I know for a fact that I am going to leave it at home the majority of the time, so I won't be able to get into any classroom, or room, or building, without a person following me around all day. So they are making us where lanyards with the keycard on it and in every entrance to one of the buildings (middle school, highschool, library, Cafeteria, etc.) they are installing security cameras! Do they think a terrorist is going to walk right through our doors with the security guards all over the place, teachers, and workmen, (from the look of them they could definitely kill someone)? I mean REALLY!  They say it is for "Safety Precautions". Yeah, "Safety Precautions", because every terrorist in the world wants to blow up Music City, cause music is definitely a subject to have extreme groups on (please note the sarcasm) No offense to anybody, but If you were a terrorist, you would want to blow up New York City, or LA, or someplace really populated to make more of an affect on the country. Not a city in Tennessee. No offense to Tennessee, of course, because I love it here, and I am a proud Tennessean, but you would pick a more populated place, so the heads of school really don't have much to worry about. Yes it is still a risk, but they are going overboard with the security cameras and the key cards. We already have security guards with tasers and guns in their cars, so I think we're good. Anyway, sorry about that rant, I just think they are wasting their money. Anyway, time for some quotes.





No comments:

Post a Comment