Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Concerts and Cupcakes

Hey Ya'll! So I just got back from an orchestra concert and I honestly think we did really good. Other than the fact I knew my A string was out of tune on my violin so I had to play softly when I went on that string. We have this uniform we have to wear and it is SO annoying. It is this stiff black shirt that falls off your shoulders, and I have really broad shoulders, so that's saying something. Then we have the palazzo pants, which I love because I feel like i have power whenever I walk, cause they are flowy and huge. They look like this but much bigger.

But after the concert we had a reception with Lots and Lots of cookies and brownies. It was really icy and snowy today so we started school at 10:00. I didn't know that til I woke up. It was a very stressful morning. I woke up and looked at the clock and it said 7:42. I started freaking out. I am usually at school by then or earlier. I ran down the hall, and no one was around. I was thinking, "MY PARENTS LEFT ME!!!!!!" Then I ran to the laundry room and saw my mom and I was relieved but then I got excited and said, "Are we out of school?" and she said no but we started late and I was happy. Then she told me that the lady that lives a street over from us was going to take me and my sister to school. She said that the lady would be here at 9:35. I thought, well I have enough time to bake cupcakes for my orchestra party(We always have parties for our performances). So my mom left and then I started on my cupcakes. I found this recipe that made no sense. On the ingredient list, under each ingredient it would tell you what  to do. No it did not have separate instruction, and then it would say underneath the ingredient, "Add 3 tablespoons of butter". Add 3 tablespoons of butter, to WHAT?! In the end I had a mixture of flour, sugar, baking power, and salt. I had a mixture of burnt chocolate and water. I had a mixture of butter and sugar. Then it said Add 4 egg yolks. ONCE AGAIN, ADD 4 EGG YOLKS TO WHAT?!?! But I looked in the refrigerator to get the eggs and saw that I only had 3. So I looked up substitutions for an egg. I found a recipe and it called for flour, liquid (yes liquid, no specification), shortening, and something else. I didn't know where the shortening is kept, so I couldn't make the fake egg, and I just decided to kill everything and get a box mix from the pantry. I might sound like an idiot, but it really wasn't that easy. But I threw it all away and started from scratch and ended up getting them in the oven with 35 minutes to spare, it takes 28 minutes to bake them I took a shower, while they were cooking. I got out of the shower, got dressed (in casual clothes since public schools are out cause of the snow, it's an awesome rule they made), then ran to get my stuff for school together. The lady from the street over calls my sister and tell her that she is at the end of our driveway. I look at the clock. 9:23. She was supposed to be here at 9:35. So I didn't have time to brush my hair, so I shoved a brush in my backpack and then the timer for the cupcakes goes off and I am panicking cause I didn't have time to put them in containers for the party. I yell at my brother, who goes to public schools, and is out, to come and help me. I didn't have time to get them out of the pans, so my brother wrapped them in a towel and my hands are full of a violin, computer, and backpack, so he brings the cupcakes down the driveway for me. That is not as easy as it sounds. If you have ever seen my driveway it is really steep. It looks kind of like this, but covered in ice.

So my brother walked, more like slid, down the driveway for me and I am so grateful for that. So I sat in the back seat, holding the hot pan of box cupcakes and with really messed up dripping hair. I get to school, put the cupcakes in my locker, and tell my friends what happened. Then they tell me that the orchestra party isn't today, that it's on Thursday. I was so mad. Anyway, now there are cupcakes in my locker and I have to make more for Thursday, cause the ones I made taste weird. Time for quotes!






\

 Bi Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment